Tuesday, October 26, 2010

America's Women

I really loved this book by Gail Collins.  I braced myself for some extreme feminism bias, but it never came.  Collins gave, what I thought was, a very moderate and complete history of women in our country.

It was so interesting to me to see the trends regarding women that have occurred throughout the last 400 years in our country. I have to agree with 95 - 99% of the feminist movement up until the 1970s when the women's libbers and ERA and men-haters came about (then, of course, I think things got way out of control).

I would recommend EVERYONE read this book. Women have been through so much in this country and have helped make it what it is.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I have been wanting to read this book for a while but kept putting it off because I was worried it would be a waste of my time. Thanks for the review. I just may get to it after all.