Sunday, October 31, 2010

Who Am I Supposed to Be?

I ran across Who Am I Supposed to Be? through LAF/Beautiful Womanhood one time.  I loved how Jasmine at Joyfully at Home had such a positive attitude toward staying at home.  I wondered how to get that attitude.  I wished I'd had it with me all along.

I didn't realize at first that she is what is termed a stay-at-home-daughter.  I'm not sure I'm so keen on the concept, but her heart is in the right place for someday becoming a stay-at-home mom.

I guess the balancing question is, how do we teach our daughters to have the attitudes expressed in the article regarding staying home and caring for a family, yet still develop the qualities that help them become independent?  Is it possible to have both?  How?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's a toughie. My opinion: teach the principle's you know to be right and be an example. My mom taught us about the world without having to be "in" the world. Sometimes I wondered about her wisdom in that because I found the world so much more attractive and experimented for myself. My conclusions led me back to the the church with a greater desire for a gospel based life. It's all kinda a gamble in it's own way because once our children reach the age of accountability they will begin to form their own opinions/feelings on all topics which leads back to -teach them what you know to be true and be a good example of what you are teaching.